Breakfast, the first meal of the day, when you are essentially “breaking-your-fast” is extremely important. In today’s fast-paced life, many of us rush through the morning and often ignore the first meal of the day. Skipping this meal can have a major impact on your weight loss. Your circadian rhythm is your 24-hour cycle that affects your metabolic processes. When you skip meals or sleep, you are disturbing the natural cycles of production throughout the body. These disturbances can lead to weight gain, PCOS, diabetes and more. So, if you have a busy day ahead, try to grab something on the way making sure you do not skip breakfast!
Why should you eat something in the morning?
Those who eat a heavy and nutritious breakfast are considered fit, as it improves your metabolism preventing your body from over-consumption throughout the day. Breakfast has also been known to improve your levels of concentration. For instance, school children after eating in the morning will feel less lethargic and more motivated.
There are also studies showing that breakfast can improve your memory, your mood, your energy levels and burn calories. Also, remember having a larger plate of breakfast and smaller plates of dinner are better for you.
What can I eat on a busy day or on the go?
- Eat fruits and food that are rich in fibre, it will help in good digestion.
- Whole-grains are essential dietary-intakes to curb your hunger.
- Make sure you have some source of protein at each meal, so you feel full for longer.
- Easy breakfasts like vegetable oats, porridge, idli with sambar or an egg sandwich can be made in the morning
- Try to at least cereal in the morning or breakfast bars if you are in a rush
- Including fresh juice or even canned alternatives can keep you feeling healthy through the day
So really, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because, it is!